This section is about creating your new topic. Everyone can create a topic in a team whatever role you might have.
Let's start voicing out your first topic.
Creating a new topic using the web
Let's open any browser you have, note that we support all browsers, so you don't have to worry on that one.
In the Homepage of your team, we need to look for the Create a New Topic button, it's located in the bottom just beside the side menu.
Once you found it, just click the button.
This pop-up will show up after clicking it.
Now, we have the New Topic pop-up displayed, prepare your topic title and topic descriptions in mind. We won't be typing it yet. Let's discuss the tools first.
- This feature will definitely save you a lot of time, template is where you store your pre-default topic template, might be a Meeting template, Daily Report template or anything you might think of. We will discuss how to create a template on the other article.
B. Editor type
- We have 2 types of Editor -- Markdown and Rich Text.
- Markdown - this allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML)
- Rich Text - allows you to use the interface for editing rich text with less effort on trying to express formatting directly as valid HTML markup.
C. Text format (for Rich Text)
- When using Rich Text all the necessary text format you wish are all available. From bolding a text down to attaching an image just click the necessary icons.
D. View type
- When you got all covered in your topics, you have 3 options on how to post it. We have -- Private, Public and Draft just click the dropdown arrow to access.
- Private - topic will only be viewable to your assigned followers.
- Public - topic will be shown in your entire team.
- Draft - a topic you wish to post later, or to edit later on.
Now you've learned about the basic topic tools, let's create your first topic now.
1- In the title field, enter your topic title.
2- In Add followers, select all necessary members to notify them about this topic.
3- Start writing up your topic descriptions.
4- Once you are satisfied with the topic information, you may now Post it based on the view options you wish.
Good Job! You have successfully posted your first Topic.